Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cherry Aimes Clinic Nurse by Julie Tatham



Well, written in 1952, Cherry Ames Clinic Nurse by Julie Tatham, was most definetly different than any I had read before. The plot line of the book is this:

As she leaves Hilton Clinic one afternoon, Cherry is kidnapped, driven blindfolded to a mysterious location, and forced at gunpoint to help treat a gunshot wound.
(http://www.netwrx1.com/CherryAmes/book13.html)

The writing is definetly relfective of the time period, and well, I just couldn't get myself to read all of this one. Maybe because I am spoiled or maybe I am just used to the writing styles of today, but I just couldn't read it all.

If you are one who enjoys "the way things used to be" then this would have to be a book for you!

"Your job," Dr. Joe had told her soberly, "in one respect will be very like that of an office nurse working for a physician in private practice."
--From Cherry Ames,
Clinic Nurse, p. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment